Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thoughts on the Bible

I recently had a discussion/debate with someone I love very much about the Bible. She is of the opinion that the contents of the Bible are debatable and that other historical texts have to be read to be able to understand the Bible at all. Maybe that's her opinion and maybe she just loves to debate things....I'm not sure which it is but I don't feel the need to argue the facts or make a point with my friends and loved ones. The conversation did get me to thinking though...once I stopped being mad about having called someone to share my good news only to be goaded into an argument. Why do people who don't read the bible always want to argue about the contents of it? And why do people who aren't born again christians always want to argue about what is and isn't "christian"?

I believe that the King James Bible is God's perfectly preserved word. I believe that ALL other versions of the Bible are corrupt and not useful for a person wanting to grow in knowledge or understanding of the Lord. I love my Bible and the time I spend in that book every day is like food and water for my soul. Without time in God's word I grow nothing but feeble, weak and more vulnerable to the stumbling blocks the world throws at all of God's people. I have learned the hard way how important it is to lean on the truths that we can't find anywhere but in the KING JAMES BIBLE. So today I thought I would share a couple of my favorite quotes about the bible with you.

"I am always suspicious of profound explanations of Scripture, explanations that require a scholar or philosopher to understand them. The Bible is a plain man's book (Matthew 11:25). In at least ninety-nine cases in a hundred the meaning of Scripture lies on the surface--the meaning that any simple minded man, woman, or child who really wants to know and obey the truth would see in it." R.A. Torrey

"If God is a reality and the soul is a reality, and you are an immortal being, what are you doing with your Bible shut! "-Johnson

"The existence of the Bible, as a Book for the people, is the greatest benefit which the human race has ever experienced. Every attempt to belittle it is a crime against humanity." --Immanuel Kant

"All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to us through this Book.... All things most desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to be found portrayed in it." --Abraham Lincoln

"I am profitably engaged reading the Bible. Take all of this Book upon reason that you can, and the balance on faith, and you will live and die a better man." --Abraham Lincoln

Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, but because it contradicts them. --Unknown

"If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instruction and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity." --Daniel Webster

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20 ¶ He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.(KJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I won't belabor the Bible version debate here but for some wonderful reading materials on the subject you can go to www.avpublications.com and order any of the materials there. I have read a few of the books available on the site and they were of great help to me in understanding more clearly why the KJB is the only REAL Bible.

For the NIV readers (like I used to be) try this test http://www.bible-truth.org/NIVtest.html


Okay....nuff said.

No comments: